Ritz Group Realty is expanding! We’re proud to announce a new addition to our team. Everyone, we’d like you to meet Murphy Ritz, our Mascot and pet ambassador extraordinaire.
Murphy has agreed to be the Ritz Group Pet Ambassador because she wants everyone with pets to know that pets need to be considered during the selling process and when pet owners are looking to buy their next home.
See, there was a time, not so long ago when it was frowned upon to show any sign of having a pet when showing a home for sale on the market. These days, according to the US Veterinary Medical Association, over one-third of all households have a dog and the same can be said for households with cats.
- A secure outdoor area for their pet like a gated yard (Murphy’s favorite) or screened in patio (a cat favorite) where pet’s can enjoy the outdoor air without being exposed to any outdoor dangers
- Pet doors for easy access to outdoor areas
- Outdoor faucets so larger dogs can be bathed outside
- Nearby pet friendly parks or areas where pets can enjoy the outdoors safely
- Pet-friendly restaurants or establishments where owners can bring their pets for an outing
- Enough land, barns and sometimes fencing for any farm animals
Older pets may have special considerations such as going up and down stairs. There are also HOA rules to consider when purchasing certain homes. Your Realtor should help you check those to be certain that your pet will not only be welcome but that ordinances regarding pet restrictions won’t effect your pet in the neighborhood you choose.
These are a few examples of pet considerations when you’re looking for your next home. We here at Ritz Group Realty want you to know that Murphy will use every ‘oppawtunity’ to help keep your pets in consideration during the sale of your home.
Murphy has a great reputation for her sales of high-end dog houses and is equally skilled in the selling and buying of cat condos.
We’re ‘pawsitively’ ecstatic to have Murphy on the team and hope that you will ‘refur’ us to any home buyer or seller who ‘go mutts’ over their pets.
Here are some area homes for sale that have a lot of ‘pawtential’ for pets that are “Murphy-approved”.
Okay, we’re done with these ‘pawful’ puns, for now anyway.